Religion - No Religion
Religion at a glance: No Religion
- In 2011 there were 1,240,531 people in New South Wales who had a religion of No Religion.
- There was a 32.9% increase in the number of people who had a religion of No Religion since 2006 (from 933,763).
- 6.5% of the population who had a religion of No Religion arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who had a religion of No Religion (662,707) than women (577,816).
- 29.2% of the population who had a religion of No Religion were children (under 19 years of age), 41.0% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 29.8% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About religion: No Religion
Note: 'No Religion' is a religion grouping in the Australian Standard Classification of Religious Groups ASCRG that includes 'No Religion, nfd', 'Agnosticism', 'Atheism', 'Humanism' and 'Rationalism'.
|Religion - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Religion - No Religion||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||No Religion %||Number||No Religion %||2006 to 2011|
|North Sydney Council||17,971||28.9||13,416||23.0||+4,555||6|
|Blue Mountains City||20,318||26.8||16,309||22.0||+4,009||9|
|Bega Valley Shire||8,547||26.8||6,882||22.2||+1,665||10|
|New South Wales||1,240,531||17.9||933,763||14.3||+306,768||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.