Religion - Islam
Religion at a glance: Islam
- In 2011 there were 219,379 people in New South Wales who had a religion of Islam.
- There was a 30.0% increase in the number of people who had a religion of Islam since 2006 (from 168,788).
- 15.1% of the population who had a religion of Islam arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who had a religion of Islam (113,940) than women (105,436).
- 37.8% of the population who had a religion of Islam were children (under 19 years of age), 43.5% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 18.7% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About religion: Islam
|Religion - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Religion - Islam||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Islam %||Number||Islam %||2006 to 2011|
|Botany Bay City||3,175||8.1||2,806||7.8||+369||8|
|New South Wales||219,379||3.2||168,788||2.6||+50,591||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.