Religion - Other Protestant
Religion at a glance: Other Protestant
- In 2011 there were 18,648 people in New South Wales who had a religion of Other Protestant.
- There was a 8.0% increase in the number of people who had a religion of Other Protestant since 2006 (from 17,266).
- 11.4% of the population who had a religion of Other Protestant arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who had a religion of Other Protestant (8,683) than women (9,971).
- 27.0% of the population who had a religion of Other Protestant were children (under 19 years of age), 36.0% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 37.0% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About religion: Other Protestant
Note: 'Other Protestant' is a religion grouping in the Australian Standard Classification of Religious Groups ASCRG that includes 'Aboriginal Evangelical Missions', 'Born Again Christian ', 'Christian and Missionary Alliance', 'Church of the Nazarene ', 'Congregational', 'Ethnic Evangelical Churches', 'Independent Evangelical Churches', 'Wesleyan Methodist Church', 'Other Protestant, nec' and 'Other Protestant, nfd'.
|Religion - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Religion - Other Protestant||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Other Protestant %||Number||Other Protestant %||2006 to 2011|
|The Hills Shire||675||0.4||628||0.4||+47||10|
|New South Wales||18,648||0.3||17,266||0.3||+1,382||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.