Religion - Pentecostal
Religion at a glance: Pentecostal
- In 2011 there were 71,508 people in New South Wales who had a religion of Pentecostal.
- There was a 3.7% increase in the number of people who had a religion of Pentecostal since 2006 (from 68,946).
- 8.3% of the population who had a religion of Pentecostal arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who had a religion of Pentecostal (32,932) than women (38,575).
- 31.5% of the population who had a religion of Pentecostal were children (under 19 years of age), 37.6% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 30.9% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About religion: Pentecostal
Note: 'Pentecostal' is a religion grouping in the Australian Standard Classification of Religious Groups ASCRG that includes 'Apostolic Church (Australia)', 'Assemblies of God', 'Bethesda Churches', 'Christian City Church', 'Christian Life Churches International', 'Christian Outreach Centres', 'Christian Revival Crusade', 'Faith Churches', 'Foursquare Gospel Church', 'Full Gospel Church', 'Revival Centres', 'Rhema Family Church', 'United Pentecostal', 'Pentecostal, nec' and 'Pentecostal, nfd'.
|Religion - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Religion - Pentecostal||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Pentecostal %||Number||Pentecostal %||2006 to 2011|
|The Hills Shire||3,904||2.3||4,089||2.6||-185||3|
|Greater Hume Shire||217||2.2||208||2.1||+9||4|
|Coffs Harbour City||1,306||1.9||1,207||1.9||+99||6|
|New South Wales||71,508||1.0||68,946||1.1||+2,562||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.