Religion - Greek Orthodox
Religion at a glance: Greek Orthodox
- In 2011 there were 131,573 people in New South Wales who had a religion of Greek Orthodox.
- There was a 1.2% increase in the number of people who had a religion of Greek Orthodox since 2006 (from 129,967).
- 1.1% of the population who had a religion of Greek Orthodox arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who had a religion of Greek Orthodox (65,718) than women (65,854).
- 24.3% of the population who had a religion of Greek Orthodox were children (under 19 years of age), 32.1% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 43.7% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About religion: Greek Orthodox
|Religion - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Religion - Greek Orthodox||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Greek Orthodox %||Number||Greek Orthodox %||2006 to 2011|
|Botany Bay City||3,053||7.8||3,009||8.4||+44||4|
|Canada Bay City||3,137||4.1||2,743||4.2||+394||10|
|New South Wales||131,573||1.9||129,967||2.0||+1,606||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.