Religion - Churches of Christ
Religion at a glance: Churches of Christ
- In 2011 there were 7,905 people in New South Wales who had a religion of Churches of Christ.
- There was a -17.2% decrease in the number of people who had a religion of Churches of Christ since 2006 (from 9,551).
- 4.6% of the population who had a religion of Churches of Christ arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who had a religion of Churches of Christ (3,554) than women (4,353).
- 21.8% of the population who had a religion of Churches of Christ were children (under 19 years of age), 27.0% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 51.3% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About religion: Churches of Christ
Note: 'Churches of Christ' is a religion grouping in the Australian Standard Classification of Religious Groups ASCRG that includes 'Churches of Christ, nfd', 'Churches of Christ (Conference)', 'Church of Christ (Non-denominational)' and 'International Church of Christ'.
|Religion - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Religion - Churches of Christ||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Churches of Christ %||Number||Churches of Christ %||2006 to 2011|
|Greater Taree City||131||0.3||235||0.5||-104||3|
|Broken Hill City||48||0.3||39||0.2||+9||4|
|New South Wales||7,905||0.1||9,551||0.1||-1,646||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.