Religion - Maronite Catholic
Religion at a glance: Maronite Catholic
- In 2011 there were 26,712 people in New South Wales who had a religion of Maronite Catholic.
- There was a 1.4% increase in the number of people who had a religion of Maronite Catholic since 2006 (from 26,344).
- 1.6% of the population who had a religion of Maronite Catholic arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who had a religion of Maronite Catholic (13,301) than women (13,414).
- 33.5% of the population who had a religion of Maronite Catholic were children (under 19 years of age), 37.8% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 28.8% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About religion: Maronite Catholic
|Religion - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Religion - Maronite Catholic||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Maronite Catholic %||Number||Maronite Catholic %||2006 to 2011|
|Canada Bay City||505||0.7||373||0.6||+132||9|
|The Hills Shire||1,085||0.6||979||0.6||+106||10|
|New South Wales||26,712||0.4||26,344||0.4||+368||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.