Religion - Antiochian Orthodox
Year of arrival
In 2011, 2,269 people of Antiochian Orthodox religious affiliation living in New South Wales were born overseas, of which 3% arrived in Australia within 5 years prior to 2011.
Year of arrival data identifies when the overseas born population arrived in Australia. Changes in the religious affiliation of overseas born arrivals have varied significantly over time. As source countries for Australia's immigration program have varied, the dominant year of arrival for people with different religious backgrounds can vary significantly.
Derived from the Census questions:
- 'In what year did the person first arrive in Australia to live here for one year or more?'
- 'What is your religion?'
- NSW overseas born population
- Population with a religion of Antiochian Orthodox
|Year of arrival|
|Religion - Antiochian Orthodox||2011|
|Year of arrival in Australia||Number||Antiochian Orthodox %||% of total NSW population|
|2006 to 9 Aug 2011||78||3.4||19.2||401|
|2001 to 2005||109||4.8||11.4||402|
|1991 to 2000 (10 year period)||277||12.2||17.9||403|
|1981 to 1990 (10 year period)||421||18.6||16.5||404|
|1971 to 1980 (10 year period)||752||33.1||11.4||405|
|1961 to 1970 (10 year period)||434||19.1||11.0||406|
|Arrived in 1960 or earlier||134||5.9||8.3||407|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
(Usual residence data)
Compiled and presented by .id, the population experts.
Analysis of the year of arrival for New South Wales Antiochian Orthodox reglious affiliated population compared to the total population shows that in 2011 there was a larger proportion of people who arrived before 2001, and a smaller proportion of recent overseas arrivals (those who arrived between 2006 and 2011).
In NSW, the major differences between the year of arrival of Antiochian Orthodox religious affiliated population compared to the total population were:
- A larger percentage of arrivals between 1971 to 1980 (10 year period) (33.1% compared to 11.4%)
- A larger percentage of arrivals between 1961 to 1970 (10 year period) (19.1% compared to 11.0%)
- A smaller percentage of arrivals between 2006 to 9 Aug 2011 (3.4% compared to 19.2%)
- A smaller percentage of arrivals between 2001 to 2005 (4.8% compared to 11.4%)