Language - Auslan
Language at a glance: Auslan
- In 2011 there were 2,204 people in New South Wales who spoke Auslan.
- There was a 49.2% increase in the number of people who spoke Auslan since 2006 (from 1,477).
- 1.4% of the population who spoke Auslan arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Auslan (957) than women (1,247).
- 25.3% of the population who spoke Auslan were children (under 19 years of age), 41.4% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 33.3% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Auslan
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Auslan||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Auslan %||Number||Auslan %||2006 to 2011|
|Blue Mountains City||49||0.1||22||0.0||+27||6|
|The Hills Shire||98||0.1||63||0.0||+35||9|
|New South Wales||2,204||0.0||1,477||0.0||+727||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.