Language - Fijian
Language at a glance: Fijian
- In 2011 there were 3,880 people in New South Wales who spoke Fijian.
- There was a 14.2% increase in the number of people who spoke Fijian since 2006 (from 3,397).
- 15.6% of the population who spoke Fijian arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Fijian (1,897) than women (1,983).
- 18.6% of the population who spoke Fijian were children (under 19 years of age), 38.9% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 42.6% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Fijian
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Fijian||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Fijian %||Number||Fijian %||2006 to 2011|
|Moree Plains Shire||22||0.2||10||0.1||+12||6|
|New South Wales||3,880||0.1||3,397||0.1||+483||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.