Language - Dinka
Language at a glance: Dinka
- In 2011 there were 2,374 people in New South Wales who spoke Dinka.
- There was a 31.4% increase in the number of people who spoke Dinka since 2006 (from 1,807).
- 22.9% of the population who spoke Dinka arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Dinka (1,210) than women (1,164).
- 56.1% of the population who spoke Dinka were children (under 19 years of age), 37.4% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 6.5% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Dinka
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Dinka||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Dinka %||Number||Dinka %||2006 to 2011|
|Coffs Harbour City||156||0.2||97||0.1||+59||3|
|Armidale Dumaresq Council||32||0.1||14||0.1||+18||7|
|Wagga Wagga City||66||0.1||20||0.0||+46||8|
|New South Wales||2,374||0.0||1,807||0.0||+567||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.