Language - Amharic
Language at a glance: Amharic
- In 2011 there were 678 people in New South Wales who spoke Amharic.
- There was a 60.7% increase in the number of people who spoke Amharic since 2006 (from 422).
- 34.7% of the population who spoke Amharic arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Amharic (307) than women (375).
- 27.6% of the population who spoke Amharic were children (under 19 years of age), 55.9% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 17.1% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Amharic
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Amharic||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Amharic %||Number||Amharic %||2006 to 2011|
|Coffs Harbour City||27||0.0||0||0.0||+27||5|
|New South Wales||678||0.0||422||0.0||+256||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.