Language - Somali
Language at a glance: Somali
- In 2011 there were 988 people in New South Wales who spoke Somali.
- There was a 25.2% increase in the number of people who spoke Somali since 2006 (from 789).
- 11.8% of the population who spoke Somali arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Somali (485) than women (504).
- 44.1% of the population who spoke Somali were children (under 19 years of age), 42.4% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 13.6% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Somali
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Somali||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Somali %||Number||Somali %||2006 to 2011|
|New South Wales||988||0.0||789||0.0||+199||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.