Language - Shona
Language at a glance: Shona
- In 2011 there were 2,013 people in New South Wales who spoke Shona.
- There was a 93.7% increase in the number of people who spoke Shona since 2006 (from 1,039).
- 48.4% of the population who spoke Shona arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Shona (953) than women (1,060).
- 36.1% of the population who spoke Shona were children (under 19 years of age), 53.5% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 10.4% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Shona
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Shona||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Shona %||Number||Shona %||2006 to 2011|
|Lane Cove Council||23||0.1||6||0.0||+17||9|
|New South Wales||2,013||0.0||1,039||0.0||+974||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.