Language - Akan
Language at a glance: Akan
- In 2011 there were 1,363 people in New South Wales who spoke Akan.
- There was a 49.3% increase in the number of people who spoke Akan since 2006 (from 913).
- 23.4% of the population who spoke Akan arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Akan (665) than women (699).
- 28.1% of the population who spoke Akan were children (under 19 years of age), 46.0% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 26.0% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Akan
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Akan||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Akan %||Number||Akan %||2006 to 2011|
|The Hills Shire||72||0.0||48||0.0||+24||7|
|New South Wales||1,363||0.0||913||0.0||+450||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.