Language - Wu
Language at a glance: Wu
- In 2011 there were 1,416 people in New South Wales who spoke Wu.
- There was a 44.9% increase in the number of people who spoke Wu since 2006 (from 977).
- 8.0% of the population who spoke Wu arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Wu (624) than women (794).
- 24.3% of the population who spoke Wu were children (under 19 years of age), 25.1% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 50.7% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Wu
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Wu||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Wu %||Number||Wu %||2006 to 2011|
|Canada Bay City||58||0.1||22||0.0||+36||9|
|New South Wales||1,416||0.0||977||0.0||+439||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.