Language - Min Nan (incl. Hokkien)
Language at a glance: Min Nan (incl. Hokkien)
- In 2011 there were 6,714 people in New South Wales who spoke Min Nan (incl. Hokkien).
- There was a 15.4% increase in the number of people who spoke Min Nan (incl. Hokkien) since 2006 (from 5,820).
- 4.8% of the population who spoke Min Nan (incl. Hokkien) arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Min Nan (incl. Hokkien) (3,076) than women (3,637).
- 20.4% of the population who spoke Min Nan (incl. Hokkien) were children (under 19 years of age), 37.1% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 42.4% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Min Nan (incl. Hokkien)
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Min Nan (incl. Hokkien)||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Min Nan (incl. Hokkien) %||Number||Min Nan (incl. Hokkien) %||2006 to 2011|
|Lane Cove Council||57||0.2||41||0.1||+16||8|
|New South Wales||6,714||0.1||5,820||0.1||+894||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.