Language - Hakka
Language at a glance: Hakka
- In 2011 there were 1,706 people in New South Wales who spoke Hakka.
- There was a 12.8% increase in the number of people who spoke Hakka since 2006 (from 1,512).
- 4.5% of the population who spoke Hakka arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Hakka (840) than women (867).
- 18.2% of the population who spoke Hakka were children (under 19 years of age), 37.3% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 44.6% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Hakka
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Hakka||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Hakka %||Number||Hakka %||2006 to 2011|
|Botany Bay City||46||0.1||48||0.1||-2||3|
|New South Wales||1,706||0.0||1,512||0.0||+194||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.