Language - Chinese, nfd
Language at a glance: Chinese, nfd
- In 2011 there were 9,416 people in New South Wales who spoke Chinese, nfd.
- There was a 86.3% increase in the number of people who spoke Chinese, nfd since 2006 (from 5,053).
- 42.5% of the population who spoke Chinese, nfd arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Chinese, nfd (4,576) than women (4,841).
- 15.5% of the population who spoke Chinese, nfd were children (under 19 years of age), 57.6% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 26.8% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Chinese, nfd
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Chinese, nfd||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Chinese, nfd %||Number||Chinese, nfd %||2006 to 2011|
|Canada Bay City||324||0.4||56||0.1||+268||9|
|Armidale Dumaresq Council||91||0.4||34||0.1||+57||10|
|New South Wales||9,416||0.1||5,053||0.1||+4,363||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.