Language - Lao
Language at a glance: Lao
- In 2011 there were 5,200 people in New South Wales who spoke Lao.
- There was a -0.6% decrease in the number of people who spoke Lao since 2006 (from 5,229).
- 3.1% of the population who spoke Lao arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Lao (2,470) than women (2,730).
- 18.5% of the population who spoke Lao were children (under 19 years of age), 40.1% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 41.4% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Lao
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Lao||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Lao %||Number||Lao %||2006 to 2011|
|New South Wales||5,200||0.1||5,229||0.1||-29||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.