Language - Vietnamese
Language at a glance: Vietnamese
- In 2011 there were 87,498 people in New South Wales who spoke Vietnamese.
- There was a 17.3% increase in the number of people who spoke Vietnamese since 2006 (from 74,586).
- 8.8% of the population who spoke Vietnamese arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Vietnamese (41,567) than women (45,931).
- 28.0% of the population who spoke Vietnamese were children (under 19 years of age), 40.7% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 31.3% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Vietnamese
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Vietnamese||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Vietnamese %||Number||Vietnamese %||2006 to 2011|
|New South Wales||87,498||1.3||74,586||1.1||+12,912||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.