Language - Khmer
Language at a glance: Khmer
- In 2011 there were 10,287 people in New South Wales who spoke Khmer.
- There was a 17.3% increase in the number of people who spoke Khmer since 2006 (from 8,768).
- 10.1% of the population who spoke Khmer arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Khmer (4,814) than women (5,472).
- 23.5% of the population who spoke Khmer were children (under 19 years of age), 46.1% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 30.4% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Khmer
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Khmer||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Khmer %||Number||Khmer %||2006 to 2011|
|Botany Bay City||37||0.1||25||0.1||+12||4|
|Goulburn Mulwaree Council||22||0.1||0||0.0||+22||7|
|New South Wales||10,287||0.1||8,768||0.1||+1,519||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.