Language - Karen
Language at a glance: Karen
- In 2011 there were 687 people in New South Wales who spoke Karen.
- There was a 257.8% increase in the number of people who spoke Karen since 2006 (from 192).
- 72.8% of the population who spoke Karen arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Karen (345) than women (343).
- 47.5% of the population who spoke Karen were children (under 19 years of age), 36.7% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 16.0% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Karen
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Karen||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Karen %||Number||Karen %||2006 to 2011|
|Coffs Harbour City||21||0.0||0||0.0||+21||6|
|New South Wales||687||0.0||192||0.0||+495||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.