Language - Urdu
Language at a glance: Urdu
- In 2011 there were 17,741 people in New South Wales who spoke Urdu.
- There was a 68.2% increase in the number of people who spoke Urdu since 2006 (from 10,547).
- 29.4% of the population who spoke Urdu arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Urdu (9,606) than women (8,134).
- 34.3% of the population who spoke Urdu were children (under 19 years of age), 49.5% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 16.2% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Urdu
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Urdu||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Urdu %||Number||Urdu %||2006 to 2011|
|The Hills Shire||664||0.4||430||0.3||+234||10|
|New South Wales||17,741||0.3||10,547||0.2||+7,194||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.