Language - Sinhalese
Language at a glance: Sinhalese
- In 2011 there were 9,384 people in New South Wales who spoke Sinhalese.
- There was a 39.5% increase in the number of people who spoke Sinhalese since 2006 (from 6,727).
- 28.3% of the population who spoke Sinhalese arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Sinhalese (4,717) than women (4,667).
- 21.4% of the population who spoke Sinhalese were children (under 19 years of age), 42.9% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 35.7% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Sinhalese
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Sinhalese||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Sinhalese %||Number||Sinhalese %||2006 to 2011|
|The Hills Shire||1,342||0.8||965||0.6||+377||1|
|Botany Bay City||107||0.3||93||0.3||+14||7|
|New South Wales||9,384||0.1||6,727||0.1||+2,657||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.