Language - Nepali
Language at a glance: Nepali
- In 2011 there were 16,142 people in New South Wales who spoke Nepali.
- There was a 402.6% increase in the number of people who spoke Nepali since 2006 (from 3,212).
- 75.2% of the population who spoke Nepali arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Nepali (9,505) than women (6,637).
- 11.4% of the population who spoke Nepali were children (under 19 years of age), 84.8% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 3.9% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Nepali
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Nepali||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Nepali %||Number||Nepali %||2006 to 2011|
|New South Wales||16,142||0.2||3,212||0.0||+12,930||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.