Language - Marathi
Language at a glance: Marathi
- In 2011 there were 4,374 people in New South Wales who spoke Marathi.
- There was a 89.5% increase in the number of people who spoke Marathi since 2006 (from 2,308).
- 38.4% of the population who spoke Marathi arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Marathi (2,280) than women (2,094).
- 27.3% of the population who spoke Marathi were children (under 19 years of age), 55.9% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 16.7% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Marathi
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Marathi||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Marathi %||Number||Marathi %||2006 to 2011|
|New South Wales||4,374||0.1||2,308||0.0||+2,066||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.