Language - Hindi
Language at a glance: Hindi
- In 2011 there were 52,779 people in New South Wales who spoke Hindi.
- There was a 38.4% increase in the number of people who spoke Hindi since 2006 (from 38,147).
- 25.5% of the population who spoke Hindi arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Hindi (26,531) than women (26,248).
- 22.6% of the population who spoke Hindi were children (under 19 years of age), 52.8% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 24.6% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Hindi
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Hindi||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Hindi %||Number||Hindi %||2006 to 2011|
|The Hills Shire||2,258||1.3||1,491||0.9||+767||10|
|New South Wales||52,779||0.8||38,147||0.6||+14,632||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.