Language - Gujarati
Language at a glance: Gujarati
- In 2011 there were 13,701 people in New South Wales who spoke Gujarati.
- There was a 142.3% increase in the number of people who spoke Gujarati since 2006 (from 5,654).
- 50.5% of the population who spoke Gujarati arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Gujarati (7,321) than women (6,381).
- 18.6% of the population who spoke Gujarati were children (under 19 years of age), 68.1% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 13.3% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Gujarati
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Gujarati||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Gujarati %||Number||Gujarati %||2006 to 2011|
|The Hills Shire||459||0.3||292||0.2||+167||10|
|New South Wales||13,701||0.2||5,654||0.1||+8,047||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.