Language - Bengali
Language at a glance: Bengali
- In 2011 there were 21,484 people in New South Wales who spoke Bengali.
- There was a 65.4% increase in the number of people who spoke Bengali since 2006 (from 12,988).
- 33.2% of the population who spoke Bengali arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Bengali (12,035) than women (9,449).
- 23.8% of the population who spoke Bengali were children (under 19 years of age), 62.0% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 14.3% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Bengali
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Bengali||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Bengali %||Number||Bengali %||2006 to 2011|
|Botany Bay City||1,425||3.6||1,271||3.5||+154||1|
|New South Wales||21,484||0.3||12,988||0.2||+8,496||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.