Language - Telugu
Language at a glance: Telugu
- In 2011 there were 7,113 people in New South Wales who spoke Telugu.
- There was a 89.9% increase in the number of people who spoke Telugu since 2006 (from 3,746).
- 42.4% of the population who spoke Telugu arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Telugu (3,908) than women (3,205).
- 21.2% of the population who spoke Telugu were children (under 19 years of age), 67.7% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 11.2% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Telugu
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Telugu||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Telugu %||Number||Telugu %||2006 to 2011|
|Lane Cove Council||67||0.2||29||0.1||+38||8|
|New South Wales||7,113||0.1||3,746||0.1||+3,367||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.