Language - Tamil
Language at a glance: Tamil
- In 2011 there were 21,527 people in New South Wales who spoke Tamil.
- There was a 36.7% increase in the number of people who spoke Tamil since 2006 (from 15,744).
- 25.2% of the population who spoke Tamil arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Tamil (10,892) than women (10,635).
- 23.2% of the population who spoke Tamil were children (under 19 years of age), 43.2% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 33.6% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Tamil
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Tamil||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Tamil %||Number||Tamil %||2006 to 2011|
|The Hills Shire||1,528||0.9||1,130||0.7||+398||7|
|New South Wales||21,527||0.3||15,744||0.2||+5,783||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.