Language - Malayalam
Language at a glance: Malayalam
- In 2011 there were 5,771 people in New South Wales who spoke Malayalam.
- There was a 148.6% increase in the number of people who spoke Malayalam since 2006 (from 2,321).
- 56.4% of the population who spoke Malayalam arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Malayalam (2,978) than women (2,794).
- 27.4% of the population who spoke Malayalam were children (under 19 years of age), 55.8% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 16.9% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Malayalam
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Malayalam||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Malayalam %||Number||Malayalam %||2006 to 2011|
|Wagga Wagga City||94||0.2||20||0.0||+74||9|
|New South Wales||5,771||0.1||2,321||0.0||+3,450||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.