Language - Kannada
Language at a glance: Kannada
- In 2011 there were 2,210 people in New South Wales who spoke Kannada.
- There was a 47.2% increase in the number of people who spoke Kannada since 2006 (from 1,501).
- 30.4% of the population who spoke Kannada arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Kannada (1,132) than women (1,076).
- 26.5% of the population who spoke Kannada were children (under 19 years of age), 53.6% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 19.8% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Kannada
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Kannada||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Kannada %||Number||Kannada %||2006 to 2011|
|The Hills Shire||109||0.1||79||0.0||+30||10|
|New South Wales||2,210||0.0||1,501||0.0||+709||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.