Language - Armenian
Language at a glance: Armenian
- In 2011 there were 7,520 people in New South Wales who spoke Armenian.
- There was a 0.9% increase in the number of people who spoke Armenian since 2006 (from 7,452).
- 2.8% of the population who spoke Armenian arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Armenian (3,584) than women (3,939).
- 18.8% of the population who spoke Armenian were children (under 19 years of age), 32.4% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 48.9% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Armenian
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Armenian||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Armenian %||Number||Armenian %||2006 to 2011|
|Lane Cove Council||168||0.5||204||0.7||-36||4|
|Hunters Hill Council||40||0.3||36||0.3||+4||7|
|Botany Bay City||89||0.2||100||0.3||-11||8|
|New South Wales||7,520||0.1||7,452||0.1||+68||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.