Language - Arabic
Language at a glance: Arabic
- In 2011 there were 184,253 people in New South Wales who spoke Arabic.
- There was a 11.7% increase in the number of people who spoke Arabic since 2006 (from 164,986).
- 8.9% of the population who spoke Arabic arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Arabic (93,658) than women (90,595).
- 31.2% of the population who spoke Arabic were children (under 19 years of age), 40.9% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 27.9% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Arabic
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Arabic||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Arabic %||Number||Arabic %||2006 to 2011|
|New South Wales||184,253||2.7||164,986||2.5||+19,267||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.