Language - Dari
Language at a glance: Dari
- In 2011 there were 6,693 people in New South Wales who spoke Dari.
- There was a 4.9% increase in the number of people who spoke Dari since 2006 (from 6,378).
- 15.6% of the population who spoke Dari arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Dari (3,429) than women (3,264).
- 35.4% of the population who spoke Dari were children (under 19 years of age), 43.2% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 21.4% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Dari
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Dari||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Dari %||Number||Dari %||2006 to 2011|
|The Hills Shire||338||0.2||260||0.2||+78||7|
|New South Wales||6,693||0.1||6,378||0.1||+315||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.