Language - Romanian
Language at a glance: Romanian
- In 2011 there were 2,375 people in New South Wales who spoke Romanian.
- There was a 6.2% increase in the number of people who spoke Romanian since 2006 (from 2,236).
- 12.8% of the population who spoke Romanian arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Romanian (1,097) than women (1,282).
- 13.7% of the population who spoke Romanian were children (under 19 years of age), 41.1% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 45.4% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Romanian
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Romanian||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Romanian %||Number||Romanian %||2006 to 2011|
|North Sydney Council||44||0.1||28||0.0||+16||6|
|Woollahra Municipal Council||36||0.1||30||0.1||+6||7|
|Lane Cove Council||21||0.1||20||0.1||+1||8|
|Botany Bay City||25||0.1||13||0.0||+12||10|
|New South Wales||2,375||0.0||2,236||0.0||+139||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.