Language - Slovak
Language at a glance: Slovak
- In 2011 there were 1,856 people in New South Wales who spoke Slovak.
- There was a 14.8% increase in the number of people who spoke Slovak since 2006 (from 1,617).
- 16.3% of the population who spoke Slovak arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Slovak (858) than women (999).
- 13.8% of the population who spoke Slovak were children (under 19 years of age), 52.6% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 33.6% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Slovak
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Slovak||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Slovak %||Number||Slovak %||2006 to 2011|
|Lane Cove Council||37||0.1||28||0.1||+9||2|
|Woollahra Municipal Council||45||0.1||33||0.1||+12||7|
|North Sydney Council||46||0.1||55||0.1||-9||9|
|New South Wales||1,856||0.0||1,617||0.0||+239||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.