Language - Slovene
Language at a glance: Slovene
- In 2011 there were 1,322 people in New South Wales who spoke Slovene.
- There was a -8.1% decrease in the number of people who spoke Slovene since 2006 (from 1,438).
- 3.5% of the population who spoke Slovene arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Slovene (594) than women (726).
- 4.4% of the population who spoke Slovene were children (under 19 years of age), 16.7% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 78.7% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Slovene
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Slovene||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Slovene %||Number||Slovene %||2006 to 2011|
|Canada Bay City||64||0.1||52||0.1||+12||2|
|New South Wales||1,322||0.0||1,438||0.0||-116||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.