Language - Serbian
Language at a glance: Serbian
- In 2011 there were 22,233 people in New South Wales who spoke Serbian.
- There was a 2.9% increase in the number of people who spoke Serbian since 2006 (from 21,611).
- 2.6% of the population who spoke Serbian arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Serbian (10,886) than women (11,344).
- 20.0% of the population who spoke Serbian were children (under 19 years of age), 35.8% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 44.2% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Serbian
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Serbian||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Serbian %||Number||Serbian %||2006 to 2011|
|Botany Bay City||253||0.6||228||0.6||+25||7|
|New South Wales||22,233||0.3||21,611||0.3||+622||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.