Language - Macedonian
Language at a glance: Macedonian
- In 2011 there were 29,451 people in New South Wales who spoke Macedonian.
- There was a 1.8% increase in the number of people who spoke Macedonian since 2006 (from 28,938).
- 1.8% of the population who spoke Macedonian arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men who spoke Macedonian (14,745) than women (14,709).
- 17.6% of the population who spoke Macedonian were children (under 19 years of age), 36.4% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 46.0% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Macedonian
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Macedonian||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Macedonian %||Number||Macedonian %||2006 to 2011|
|New South Wales||29,451||0.4||28,938||0.4||+513||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.