Language - Croatian
Language at a glance: Croatian
- In 2011 there were 22,880 people in New South Wales who spoke Croatian.
- There was a -3.1% decrease in the number of people who spoke Croatian since 2006 (from 23,601).
- 0.7% of the population who spoke Croatian arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Croatian (11,164) than women (11,716).
- 13.0% of the population who spoke Croatian were children (under 19 years of age), 31.3% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 55.7% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Croatian
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Croatian||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Croatian %||Number||Croatian %||2006 to 2011|
|Botany Bay City||300||0.8||313||0.9||-13||8|
|New South Wales||22,880||0.3||23,601||0.4||-721||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.