Language - Bosnian
Language at a glance: Bosnian
- In 2011 there were 4,057 people in New South Wales who spoke Bosnian.
- There was a 4.8% increase in the number of people who spoke Bosnian since 2006 (from 3,870).
- 2.6% of the population who spoke Bosnian arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Bosnian (1,981) than women (2,075).
- 23.4% of the population who spoke Bosnian were children (under 19 years of age), 39.4% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 37.1% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Bosnian
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Bosnian||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Bosnian %||Number||Bosnian %||2006 to 2011|
|Botany Bay City||46||0.1||39||0.1||+7||10|
|New South Wales||4,057||0.1||3,870||0.1||+187||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.