Language - Latvian
Language at a glance: Latvian
- In 2011 there were 1,029 people in New South Wales who spoke Latvian.
- There was a -17.7% decrease in the number of people who spoke Latvian since 2006 (from 1,250).
- 3.3% of the population who spoke Latvian arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Latvian (401) than women (628).
- 8.1% of the population who spoke Latvian were children (under 19 years of age), 15.8% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 76.1% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Latvian
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Latvian||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Latvian %||Number||Latvian %||2006 to 2011|
|The Hills Shire||52||0.0||74||0.0||-22||8|
|Lake Macquarie City||48||0.0||40||0.0||+8||10|
|New South Wales||1,029||0.0||1,250||0.0||-221||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.