Language - Maltese
Language at a glance: Maltese
- In 2011 there were 13,270 people in New South Wales who spoke Maltese.
- There was a -7.5% decrease in the number of people who spoke Maltese since 2006 (from 14,340).
- 0.6% of the population who spoke Maltese arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Maltese (6,438) than women (6,830).
- 3.2% of the population who spoke Maltese were children (under 19 years of age), 18.1% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 78.7% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Maltese
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Maltese||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Maltese %||Number||Maltese %||2006 to 2011|
|Botany Bay City||183||0.5||243||0.7||-60||6|
|New South Wales||13,270||0.2||14,340||0.2||-1,070||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.