Language - Finnish
Language at a glance: Finnish
- In 2011 there were 1,580 people in New South Wales who spoke Finnish.
- There was a 3.4% increase in the number of people who spoke Finnish since 2006 (from 1,528).
- 11.5% of the population who spoke Finnish arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke Finnish (710) than women (869).
- 13.4% of the population who spoke Finnish were children (under 19 years of age), 26.8% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 59.7% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: Finnish
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - Finnish||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Finnish %||Number||Finnish %||2006 to 2011|
|North Sydney Council||35||0.1||27||0.0||+8||6|
|New South Wales||1,580||0.0||1,528||0.0||+52||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.