Language - German
Language at a glance: German
- In 2011 there were 23,429 people in New South Wales who spoke German.
- There was a 6.0% increase in the number of people who spoke German since 2006 (from 22,102).
- 13.6% of the population who spoke German arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men who spoke German (10,763) than women (12,665).
- 14.6% of the population who spoke German were children (under 19 years of age), 28.7% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 56.8% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About language: German
|Language - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Language - German||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||German %||Number||German %||2006 to 2011|
|Snowy River Shire||90||1.2||84||1.2||+6||2|
|New South Wales||23,429||0.3||22,102||0.3||+1,327||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.