Birthplace - Sri Lanka
Bithplace at a glance: Sri Lanka
- In 2011 there were 23,704 people in New South Wales born in Sri Lanka.
- There was a 24.2% increase in the number of people born in Sri Lanka since 2006 (from 19,088).
- 22.2% of the population born in Sri Lanka arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were more men born in Sri Lanka (11,852) than women (11,851).
- 8.7% of the population born in Sri Lanka were children (under 19 years of age), 43.2% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 48.2% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About birthplace: Sri Lanka
|Birthplace - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Birthplace - Sri Lanka||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||Sri Lanka %||Number||Sri Lanka %||2006 to 2011|
|The Hills Shire||2,347||1.38||1,774||1.11||+573||4|
|New South Wales||23,704||0.34||19,088||0.29||+4,616||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.