Birthplace - China (excl. SARs and Taiwan)
Bithplace at a glance: China (excl. SARs and Taiwan)
- In 2011 there were 156,034 people in New South Wales born in China (excl. SARs and Taiwan).
- There was a 36.8% increase in the number of people born in China (excl. SARs and Taiwan) since 2006 (from 114,043).
- 30.0% of the population born in China (excl. SARs and Taiwan) arrived between 2006 and August 2011.
- There were fewer men born in China (excl. SARs and Taiwan) (69,297) than women (86,737).
- 7.0% of the population born in China (excl. SARs and Taiwan) were children (under 19 years of age), 51.1% were young adults (aged 20 to 44 years), and 41.9% were older adults (aged 45 years and over).
About birthplace: China (excl. SARs and Taiwan)
|Birthplace - Top 10 NSW LGAs ranked by size|
|Birthplace - China (excl. SARs and Taiwan)||2011||2006||Change|
|Area||Number||China (excl. SARs and Taiwan) %||Number||China (excl. SARs and Taiwan) %||2006 to 2011|
|New South Wales||156,034||2.26||114,043||1.74||+41,991||40|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.